Support our work
We strive to keep our projects small and sustainable so that we can make a positive impact on individuals in these unique communities and involve our supporters at every step.
Our team is passionate about the work we do, working closely with Kasbah Tamadot and neighbouring communities, to develop projects that appeal to local needs. We are proud of our achievements over the past 15 years and look forward to creating many more opportunities.
What have we achieved so far?
- We have introduced three dedicated craft centres to provide training programmes in rural villages.
- We have trained and employed three full-time teachers from the local community.
- One young woman who underwent training in shop management is now employed at the EBF Shop.
- Eight young men are being trained in artisanal woodworking skills.
- One apprentice is now permanently employed by a carpentry firm in Casablanca.
- 50 local women have learned tailoring and embroidery skills.
- 6 young women are learning to weave on traditional looms.
- A carpet loom has been installed in a family home in Asni so that married women in the household can earn a living from carpet-making.
- More than 2,000 handmade items have been sold through the craft centres since 2017, generating income for local people.
- A permanent EBF Shop launched in 2018, selling handmade items from the craft centres to visitors.
- 21 female students received scholarship funding to purchase school materials and cover boarding costs.
- 50 bunk beds supplied to Dar Talliba boarding house in Asni, which has enabled 100 more girls to remain in secondary school and complete their studies.
- Three local schools have been renovated, including a new secure playground and washroom facilities.
- 82 teenage girls are receiving regular English tuition to support their Baccalaureat studies and achieved good scores in their 2019 exams.
- Over 5,000 children have received free dental care and flouride treatments through the Dental Mavericks annual clinic.
- Three water wells have been constructed in the villages of Imi Oughlad, Tansghart and Imskar, providing a valuable water source for more than 100 households.
- 5,000 local people in five villages are now benefitting from the Big Clean litter collection initiative.
- Over 1,250 kilos of much-needed supplies – donated and distributed through our partnership with Pack for a Purpose – is benefitting five local community projects.
- We have planted a herb and vegetable garden in our nursery, alongside 30 saplings, to provide a sustainable food source for locals.