Support our work
We strive to keep our projects small and sustainable so that we can make a positive impact on individuals in these unique communities and involve our supporters at every step.
Our team is passionate about the work we do, working closely with Kasbah Tamadot and neighbouring communities, to develop projects that appeal to local needs. We are proud of our achievements over the past 10 years and look forward to creating many more opportunities.
What have we achieved so far?
- We have introduced three dedicated craft centres to provide training programmes in rural villages.
- We have trained and employed two full-time teachers from the local community.
- One young woman who underwent training in shop management is now employed at the Berber Boutique.
- Eight young men have successfully trained in artisanal woodworking skills.
- More than 500 handmade items have been sold through the craft centres in 2017, generating income for local people.
- 21 female students are to receive scholarship funding by the end of the year. This comes as part of a seed project focused on supporting promising students from low income families, living in remote villages.
- We have been able to supply 50 bunk beds to a local boarding house in Asni, which has enabled 100 more girls to remain in secondary school and complete their studies.
- Three local schools have been renovated, including a new secure playground and washroom facilities.
- Three water wells have been constructed in the villages of Imi Oughlad, Tansghart and Imskar, providing a valuable water source for more than 100 households.
- 5,000 local people in five villages are now benefitting from the Big Clean litter collection initiative.
- Over 1,000 kilos of much-needed supplies – donated and distributed through our partnership with Pack for a Purpose – is benefitting five local community projects.
- We have planted a herb and vegetable garden in our nursery, alongside 30 saplings, to provide a sustainable food source for locals.